Monday, October 20, 2008

The new and improved classroom!

I just read "Young Minds, Fast Times: The Twenty-First-Century Digital Learner" and it was very intriguing on how the two different sides of a class room differ. As a student and a future teacher I was very interested on how kids feel in the classroom. I want to know what intrigues them and makes them learn the best. And can be fun and educational at the same time. I know there is going to be kids forever who dont like school and maybe dont even like my class but I hope to be that class that kids enjoy going to and also learn a few things on the way. There were few classes while I was in high school that didnt fall into that stereo-typical classroom. Where the teacher stands in front of the chalk bored and write notes on the board while the students were to do the same in there notebooks. It was VERY boring and I found myself doodling when ever I had the chance cuz I was bored out of my mind and I had no other way to pretend I was doing what I was supposed to. My dream as a teacher would be to get my whole class involved in activities and make our classroom a produvtive place to be. I want my students to look forward to what the new day will bring and I hope I could be a favorite teacher among a few of my students. I know I am more eager to participate when I am stimulated by things that interest me whether it is music or art or whatever. I am more willing to open my mind and absorb the underlying message what is trying to be taught. I think notes are old fashioned and it IS the 21st century. It is time to upgrade our classrooms and make learning an whole new(fun) experience!

No comments: