Monday, December 8, 2008

What is happening to our youth?

What is really troubling our youth? Some say video games, some say music and movies, some say it is the way they were raised. I tend to think that everyone can blame what ever they would like to why we have the highest drug rate in years. I didn't have the best childhood but I think I came out ok. And I see the rich kids with the nice cars doing the most drugs. My brother played many violent video games and watched rated R movies before it was legal to and he is one of the best kids I know. So it is hard to "blame"anything on why kids are getting into trouble these days. Statistics say that my brother and I should be addicted to drugs, with children and not in school because of how we were raised, where we are from, and the people we have associated ourselves with. But Justin and I are not into fitting into anything sterotypical. I am so proud of the man that he has become and the woman I am trying to be everyday. So maybe the thing that we can blame is the education or lack of to why kids are getting involved in the wrong things. Exposure is another thing that I have personaly seen to why kids think drugs are "cool". Where I am from drugs are used so no chalanty that it isnt a big deal to be known doing drugs. I hope the statistics change for the better and our youth become known for other things other than death and viloence.

No comments: